Wednesday, January 28, 2009

People always try to put us down (Talking 'bout my generation).

So, I realize I just started this blog and all, but I feel I have an important issue to bring up. I hate when White guys try to emulate what they perceive as black culture. I don't want to say they are 'acting black' because I don't think someone can act black. I think you can act 'gansta' or whatever. And that I wouldn't have a problem with. If I white guy wants to be a G, that's fine. That doesn't mean you have to go around calling all your friends N****s. And I bleeped it, because yes. It is a bad word. But, what I honestly really hate, is the fact that it's not an isolated incident anymore. There are 12 year olds that are emulating men who have died because they got caught up in this life style. Kids need to realize that they are not 50 cent, Jay-Z, Ja Rule, or any other of those famous rappers. And just like Tupac, B.I.G., or Big L, they are not invincible. But when they see their older brothers and cousins acting like this, how are they suppose to take it? I am saying this of course, only because I see this in small town, USA. I don't live in the city where there are gangs around every corner. I live in the town where everyone and their mother spends their weekends getting high. I just think there is a big difference between the two. So I guess this blog post isn't so much about white kids acting like this, it's more just kids acting like this. These kids need a serious reality check. I just hope it's not a cop, someone they rub the wrong way, or a 9mm that gives it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment